- Tamdhu, one of Speyside’s founding distilleries has officially re-launched in the United States in 2014 with a stunning new 10 year old Speyside Single Malt.
- Acquired in June 2011 by Ian Macleod Distillers — the leading Scottish independent family owned distiller and bottler — Tamdhu Distillery was established in 1897 by a consortium of pioneering businessmen who embodied the ‘can-dhu’ spirit of their generation.
- Inspired by an age of industry and endeavor, the Tamdhu story is one of enlightenment that began, and continues to this day, on the banks of the River Spey. Now, just as then, Tamdhu is matured in only the finest oak sherry casks with natural Speyside water from the Tamdhu spring.
- Please visit www.TAMDHU.com
Tamdhu 10 yr old
Palate: The Fruitiness and spice blend brilliantly with a pleasing toffee and sherry richness building as it is held on the palate.
Finish: Fruit and vanilla linger becoming pleasantly drying with a hint of distant peat smoke.
San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2014 Double Gold
The Spirits Business Asia 2014 Gold
International Spirits Challenge 2014 Silver
San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2014 Pack Design Award Double Gold
International Spirits Challenge 2014 Design and Packaging Gold
Gold Medal by The Fifty Best 2015
Whiskies of the World 2015 – Gold Medal
San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2016 Gold Medal
Gold Medal – 2017 International Spirits Competition
Gold – 2017 Spirit of Speyside Festival
Palate: Powerful burst of richness, fantastically rounded with sherry oak, spice and dry fruit. Kept on the palate, lighter fruits come to the fore- apricot, orange and crème brûlée.
Finish: Rich, biscuity and malty, toast and marmalade with pleasing fruitiness lingering.
San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2015 Gold Medal
International Spirits Challenge 2015 Silver
The Fifty Best 2016 Double Gold Medal
San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2016 Double Gold Medal
Tamdhu Batch Strength #002
Nose: Warming golden syrup, brown bread with peanut butter, cinnamon, white pepper and cocktail cherries.
Palate: Mouth coating sherry oak, lightly heated berries and creamy vanilla – adding water brings out cookie dough, gentle spice and fresh fruit.
Finish: Spicy notes continue long into the finish with dried fruits, hazelnut and vanilla.
• Gold Medal – 2017 International Spirits Competition
• Winner! (Non Age Statement category), Gold – 2017 Spirit of Speyside Festival
Nose: Forest fruits,elegant oak & orange depths on the nose – with underlying rosehip, dark chocolate & marzipan.
Palate: Cloves, liquorice, espresso & baked apples. The uniquely complex palate also reveals banana, black pepper & roasted almonds.
Finish: Ginger, cocoa, walnuts & maple syrup. Linger long through the finish.